VIDEO: Epstein lawyer Alan Dershowitz defends plea agreement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who represented billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in a 2008 plea agreement in which Epstein was given just 13 months in prison, has defended the agreement, saying that the job of a defense attorney is to get the best deal possible.
In a CBS interview that aired Wednesday, Dershowitz said that although he did not know the extent of the allegations against Epstein, he would defend his client the same way all over again.
Dershowitz also claimed that he had never seen Epstein with underage girls, and said he was “shocked” by the allegations. The article goes on to state the following:
“No. Oh, no. If I had ever seen Jeffrey Epstein in any inappropriate situation with an underage girl, I would’ve terminated my relationship and turned him in. No way,” Dershowitz said. “We were shocked by the allegations, but as a criminal lawyer, being shocked by an allegation doesn’t mean that I won’t defend somebody.”
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?