VIDEO: Epstein lawyer Alan Dershowitz defends plea agreement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who represented billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in a 2008 plea agreement in which Epstein was given just 13 months in prison, has defended the agreement, saying that the job of a defense attorney is to get the best deal possible.
In a CBS interview that aired Wednesday, Dershowitz said that although he did not know the extent of the allegations against Epstein, he would defend his client the same way all over again.
Dershowitz also claimed that he had never seen Epstein with underage girls, and said he was “shocked” by the allegations. The article goes on to state the following:
“No. Oh, no. If I had ever seen Jeffrey Epstein in any inappropriate situation with an underage girl, I would’ve terminated my relationship and turned him in. No way,” Dershowitz said. “We were shocked by the allegations, but as a criminal lawyer, being shocked by an allegation doesn’t mean that I won’t defend somebody.”
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge