VIDEO: Former Obama AG: ‘Make America Great’ Mindset Based On Imagination
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder says people who want to “Make America Great” are basing that wish on “an imagined past.”
According to The Hill, the potential Democratic presidential candidate told the liberal Human Rights Campaign National Dinner Saturday night that the MAGA movement behind President Donald Trump’s election is “flawed.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“This sort of thinking, this ‘Make America Great’ mindset is not only flawed, it’s rooted in fear. And it favors an imagined past over a realistic future,” Holder told a sympathetic crowd in Washington.
Holder mused about what historic period the MAGA movement envisions as great.
“Certainly it was not when people were enslaved,” he said. “Certainly it was not when segregation was the law of the land. Certainly it was not when women were disenfranchised. Certainly it was not when the LGBT community was routinely stigmatized.”
Holder, who has been criticized by conservative groups for politicizing the attorney general’s office, has reportedly expressed an interest in seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination for the presidency, but has not officially announced his decision.
The following video starts when Holder begins his “MAGA” comments:
The following includes Holder’s full speech:
Thank you @EricHolder for speaking at this year’s #HRCNationalDinner and for continuing to be an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights. Your work to advance equality during the Obama administration endures for generations to come. pic.twitter.com/DVfEKx6lKL
— Human Rights Campaign (@HRC) September 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations