VIDEO: Former Obama AG: ‘Make America Great’ Mindset Based On Imagination
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder says people who want to “Make America Great” are basing that wish on “an imagined past.”
According to The Hill, the potential Democratic presidential candidate told the liberal Human Rights Campaign National Dinner Saturday night that the MAGA movement behind President Donald Trump’s election is “flawed.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“This sort of thinking, this ‘Make America Great’ mindset is not only flawed, it’s rooted in fear. And it favors an imagined past over a realistic future,” Holder told a sympathetic crowd in Washington.
Holder mused about what historic period the MAGA movement envisions as great.
“Certainly it was not when people were enslaved,” he said. “Certainly it was not when segregation was the law of the land. Certainly it was not when women were disenfranchised. Certainly it was not when the LGBT community was routinely stigmatized.”
Holder, who has been criticized by conservative groups for politicizing the attorney general’s office, has reportedly expressed an interest in seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination for the presidency, but has not officially announced his decision.
The following video starts when Holder begins his “MAGA” comments:
The following includes Holder’s full speech:
Thank you @EricHolder for speaking at this year’s #HRCNationalDinner and for continuing to be an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights. Your work to advance equality during the Obama administration endures for generations to come. pic.twitter.com/DVfEKx6lKL
— Human Rights Campaign (@HRC) September 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Washington ICE detention center attacker wrote ‘manifesto’ before assault [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Crowd Boos Julian Castro For Refusing To Hold Baby
- DML LIVE: Shocking report from ICE (Mon – July 15)
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez Responds To Washington ICE Attack
- REPORT: DOJ’s Bruce Ohr kept Mueller deputy ‘in the loop’ about anti-Trump dossier
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- NEW: TeamDML launches, feedback we’ve received
- CLAIM: Trump considering ousting another cabinet member