VIDEO: Friend of gunman in Ohio mass shooting to face federal gun charges

AUGUST 12, 2019

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:

A friend of the Ohio man who killed nine people, including his own sister, in Dayton this month will be charged on Monday with lying on a form related to guns, federal prosecutors said on Monday.

The Aug. 4 attack, which ended when police shot and killed the gunman, was one of a series of three-high profile mass shootings that stunned the United States and stoked its long-running debate on gun rights.

The article goes on to state the following:

The FBI said last week that the slain suspect, 24-year-old Connor Betts, had a history of violent obsessions and had mused about committing mass murder before his rampage in Dayton’s historic downtown.

NBC News further reported:

A longtime friend of Dayton shooter Connor Betts allegedly bought the body armor, 100-round magazine and a firearm accessory used in the deadly attack that killed nine people, officials said Monday.

Ethan Kollie, 24, of the Dayton suburb of Kettering, was charged with a separate offense — falsely denying that he was a drug user when buying a handgun for himself in May.

The article goes on to state the following:

But that weapon played no role in the mass shooting, investigators said. And authorities also emphasized that Kollie appeared to play no part in the planning of Betts’ mass shooting in the early morning of Aug. 4.

“To be clear, there is no evidence and allegation in this criminal complaint that Kollie intentionally participated in the planning of Betts’ Aug. 4 shooting,” U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman for the Southern District of Ohio said. “I don’t want that to be misconstrued.”


To get more information about this article, please visit NBC News.

READ MORE

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *