VIDEO: General in Hurricane Katrina response questions federal government’s preparedness for Florence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The general who oversaw the U.S. military response to Hurricane Katrina predicted Tuesday that the the federal government is not prepared for Hurricane Florence.
“This is a magnificent storm. People need to listen; they need to evacuate, but I will not bet any money that we are prepared,” Lt. General Russel Honoré said on MSNBC, noting that the first phase of the storm will be the most impactful.
The article goes on to state the following:
“People need to listen to their government and evacuate because of everything east of I-95 could be destroyed.”
Honoré added that he was “embarrassed” by the preparations the government has made after MSNBC host Katy Tur listed off a series of statistics.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has prepared 80,000 liters of water, 402,000 meals, 1,200 cots 34 generator at Fort Bragg military base in North Carolina, according to USA Today.
“We measure water a gallon a day for people. We’ve evacuated over a million,” he said. “Those numbers don’t work.”
Honoré, who was fiercely critical of the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Maria, added that FEMA shouldn’t act as first-responders and that it should leave governors and counties alone.
He also questioned why President Trump and the government have continued to give positive assessments of their preparations considering the magnitude of the looming storm.
“I don’t understand the government giving a whole lot of assurance that they’re ready because we’re never ready for a Category 4,” Honore added. “What we’ve got to be ready for is the response — to be able to bring assets beyond what the states have and bring that massive military force, those ships that have left, and bring them back in to help save lives.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire