VIDEO: GOP state senator introduces bill that would ban sex ed in elementary, middle schools
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A bill introduced to the Arizona Senate would ban sex education in elementary and in middle schools in the state before seventh grade.
According to the Arizona Capitol Times, the bill also deletes verbiage in existing school materials that discusses homosexuality.
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill was introduced by Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen (R), who chairs the Senate Education Committee. The committee will hold a hearing on the bill next week.
Opponents see the bill say ignoring homosexuality in sex education may lead to increased health risks for LGBTQ students. They also say it’s an attempt to undo the repeal of the “No Promo Homo” law. The law banned schools from “promoting homosexuality” or “suggesting that some methods of sex are safe methods of homosexual sex.”
Watch as the View debates this bill..
After Republican Sen. Sylvia Allen of Arizona proposed a bill that would bar teaching sex education in schools prior to seventh grade, “The View” co-hosts discussed what the appropriate age is to have those conversations. https://t.co/w4hZR2pNe0
— The View (@TheView) January 10, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices