VIDEO: Grassley makes pledge if Supreme Court nomination arises in 2020 election cycle
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said in an interview that aired Tuesday night that he would not take up another Supreme Court nomination should it come up in the 2020 election cycle.
“If I’m chairman, they won’t take it up, no,” Grassley said when asked if the Senate Judiciary Committee would consider another Trump Supreme Court nomination in 2020. “Now if someone else is chairman of the [Judiciary] Committee, they’ll have to decide for themselves. But that’s a decision I made a long time ago.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Grassley said that he made a pledge in 2016, when former President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland was blocked by a majority Republican Congress, to not consider Supreme Court nominees in presidential election cycles.
Sen. Grassley was responding to the final question in the following interview. The question and his response begins at about the 12:30 minute mark.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds