VIDEO: Grassley makes pledge if Supreme Court nomination arises in 2020 election cycle
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said in an interview that aired Tuesday night that he would not take up another Supreme Court nomination should it come up in the 2020 election cycle.
“If I’m chairman, they won’t take it up, no,” Grassley said when asked if the Senate Judiciary Committee would consider another Trump Supreme Court nomination in 2020. “Now if someone else is chairman of the [Judiciary] Committee, they’ll have to decide for themselves. But that’s a decision I made a long time ago.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Grassley said that he made a pledge in 2016, when former President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland was blocked by a majority Republican Congress, to not consider Supreme Court nominees in presidential election cycles.
Sen. Grassley was responding to the final question in the following interview. The question and his response begins at about the 12:30 minute mark.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?