VIDEO: Grassley vows to help raise $3M for Collins to counter progressive campaign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, told Fox News on Tuesday night that he wanted to help raise $3 million in support of Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, amid a barrage of criticism over her vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court and a fundraising campaign seeking to oust her in 2020.
Collins was a key swing vote in the battle to confirm Kavanaugh and her 45-minute speech on the Senate floor announcing her “aye” vote last week virtually ensured his ascension to the high court. Since then, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice has floated running against Collins and a crowdfunding campaign started by Maine progressive groups to fund the Republican’s future opponent has raised more than $3.3 million. The groups — Be A Hero Team, Maine People’s Alliance and Mainers for Accountable Leadership — said Collins’ re-election campaign would have received the money if she’d voted against Kavanaugh’s confirmation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Grassley called the criticism of Collins “abominable” in an interview with Fox News’ “The Story with Martha MacCallum.”
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem