VIDEO: Guatemalan Official Explains Why His People Are Fleeing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The Guatemalan Minister of Governance Enrique Degenhart is calling out the Mexican government for its role in the migrant crisis.
During a sit-down interview, he told The Daily Caller’s Stephanie Hamill that Mexico is incentivizing Guatemalans and others from Central American countries to leave their homes by offering different kinds of benefits to them like work permits and visas while they migrate north toward the United States.
The article goes on to state the following:
Let me start by saying that our macroeconomic numbers in the country are very good. We have actually the lowest criminal rates in the country that we have had in the past 15 or 20 years which means that it’s probably not a factor of economics or security. What we have identified and this is part of what we have to work with is the ‘pull factor’ and a mix of cultural situations that are happening in the country. When I talk about the pull factor, i’m talking about our neighbor, Mexico –that unfortunately has been offering different kinds of benefits, admin benefits like visas and other kinds of work permits and situations that basically enhance the interests of our Guatemalans on using Mexico as a route to the U.S.
Guatemalan official explains why his people are fleeing… he says mexico is a big part of the problem
— Stephanie Hamill (@STEPHMHAMILL) June 11, 2019
Below is more of the interview:
Exclusive: Guatemalan Official Explains Why His People Are Fleeing, Says Mexico Is A Big Part Of The Problem https://t.co/VmFAH1hxUQ
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft ill after trip to Dominican Republic
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Warner Bros. film studio in lockdown after stage hand on Anne Hathaway movie stabbed in neck