VIDEO: ‘I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure’: Trump taunts media over mask wearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Despite warnings by state officials ahead of his visit to a Ford manufacturing plant in Michigan, President Trump didn’t publicly wear a mask during his tour of the facility.
Michigan’s attorney general had warned the president earlier in the day by appearing on CNN and writing an open letter to the president that it’s state law to wear a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic. Dana Nessel, a Democrat, requested Trump adhere to Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order on face coverings in the state, saying it’s his “legal responsibility” to follow the law.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s personal decision not to wear a mask has been in the interest of much of the media and public officials alike.
When asked why he didn’t wear a mask in the facility, Trump replied, “”Well, I did. I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”
Reporter: Mr. President, why did you decide not to wear a mask?
Trump: “Well, I did. I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.” pic.twitter.com/KMLZQEFTA4
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL RESULTS: How you feel about mail-in voting
- REPORT: Hillary STUNS with Memorial Day message ignoring military and supporting Dem governor
- REPORT: California makes announcement on reopening places of worship, in-store retail shopping
- REPORT: CNN Commentator: Trump ‘Not Healthy’ — ‘He Is Not Well’ at the Worst Possible Time
- REPORT: GOP Senate chairmen ask DOJ for records on former DNC consultant