VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
On Fox Nation’s latest episode of “Nuff Said,” Fox News host Dana Perino opened up about her upbringing and the career path that lead to her role as press secretary in the George W. Bush administration, including how her father’s advice helped her navigate one of the most difficult jobs in the country.
“I remember one day, my dad bought me this shirt, it was yellow and it said in big block letters, ‘anything boys can do girls can do better,'” Perino recalled. “…Of course, he doesn’t think that that’s true,” she explained, “but he was trying to get it in our minds that you are going to be able to do whatever you want to do.”
The article goes on to state the following:
After getting married and a short stint on Capitol Hill, Perino got a call from the Bush campaign asking her to volunteer as a spokesperson in California, an opportunity she was forced to turn down because of financial responsibilities at the time.
WATCH the video below as Perino tells her story.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Thousands crossing US-Mexico border despite nonessential travel ban, COVID-19 threat
- REPORT: Federal Officers Gunned Down At Courthouse
- BREAKING: Medical examiner issues statement on George Floyd cause of death
- VIDEO: Biden gives fiery response after being pressured to choose a woman of color as VP
- REPORT: George Floyd’s family responds to autopsy that says his death was from underlying conditions
- REPORT: News outlet reaches deal with union to save jobs during the pandemic