VIDEO: ‘It was a melee’: Officer attacked by violent teen mob after trying to help woman
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A group of teenagers attacked an off-duty California highway patrol officer after he tried to help a woman who claimed her phone had been stolen by the group on Black Friday.
The woman confronted the group of boys about the phone, which she believed they had stolen earlier in the day at the Bay Street Mall in Emeryville. When she confronted them, they shoved her several times, catching the eye of the off-duty officer.
The article goes on to state the following:
He intervened and started to take pictures of the teenagers to report them to authorities. When the teenagers realized what he was doing, they rushed the officer and began to beat him. The officer slipped away but was caught again, beaten, and choked until he nearly lost consciousness.
The report states that the officer was armed, but didn’t want to escalate the situation by using his weapon. He finally pepper-sprayed his attackers as other officers arrived to take over. Two of the teens, ages 14 and 16, were arrested.
The officer, who ended up with a concussion and a broken finger, reportedly stated this is the third time he has had to intervene during a violent situation at this same mall.
BAY STREET SCUFFLE: Surveillance video shows off-duty CHP officer attacked by group of teens at Bay Street in Emeryville. Officer says he stepped in to help a woman who accused the teens of stealing her phone..he was then chased, punched, choked. More on the melee at 4p @KTVU pic.twitter.com/Kx1OwHCXHy
— Alex Savidge (@AlexSavidgeKTVU) December 2, 2019
Only on @KTVU: A @CHP_GoldenGate officer shares his story after he was attacked & choked by group of juveniles at @BayStEmeryville while off duty. The officer was helping a woman who was robbed of her phone & attacked. 2 teens arrested by @EmeryvillePD. 4,5:30,6,7:30 p.m. @KTVU pic.twitter.com/MqsKk630Nw
— Henry K. Lee (@henrykleeKTVU) December 2, 2019
“There was a lot of restraint that had to be practiced. And I had to do my best to stay in the moment” the off-duty officer recalled.
The officer, who said he never drew his gun, suffered a concussion, a broken finger and bruises. https://t.co/4dNE72b6Ny
— KTVU (@KTVU) December 3, 2019
— KTVU (@KTVU) December 3, 2019
An off duty cop was beaten and choked until he nearly lost consciousness.
He was armed during the assault, but chose not to use it so it didn’t escalate the situation.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 3, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Shocked CNN host bashes Pelosi over behavior
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- VIDEO: Graham compliments Schiff on impeachment presentation [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani vows: ‘I Will Now Start To Reveal The Evidence’
- VIDEO: Nadler plays 1999 clip of Lindsey Graham during impeachment trial