VIDEO: Ivanka Trump clarifies security clearance rumors
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Ivanka Trump claimed that her father, President Trump, was not involved in securing top security clearances for her or her husband, Jared Kushner.
“There were anonymous leaks about there being issues. But the president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband’s clearance, zero,” she told ABC’s Abby Huntsman in an interview that aired Friday. “This isn’t new. This was happening under the Obama administration, the Clinton administration.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who both serve as White House advisers, had operated on temporary security clearances for over a year and a half while they waited for their background checks to clear. The two were issued permanent clearances last summer.
Democratic Reps. Don Beyer (Va.) and Ted Lieu (Calif.) late last month called on acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to revoke Kushner’s security clearance, accusing the Trump administration of concealing information from Congress about security clearances.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland