VIDEO: Jake Tapper Gives Up After Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Skirts Funding Question
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
CNN host Jake Tapper on Sunday pressed New York congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on where she intended to get the money to fund one of her main platform policies, Medicare for all.
Tapper began by laying out the policies — such as Medicare for all, tuition-free public college and the cancellation of student loan debt — and the price tag, saying, “According to nonpartisan and left-leaning Tax Policy Center, the overall price tag is more than $40 trillion in the next decade. You recently said in an interview increasing taxes on the very wealthy, increased corporate tax rate would make $2 trillion over the next 10 years. Where is the other $38 trillion going to come from?”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ocasio-Cortez dismissed the question, arguing that a Medicare for all policy would ultimately save money over time. She expounded on the virtues on “investments that are better for our future,” citing the U.K., Canada, and France as working examples of the model she preferred.
Tapper tried again, saying, “$40 trillion is quite a bit of money. And the taxes that you talked about raising to pay for this, to pay for your agenda, only count for two.”
Ocasio-Cortez, seeming to acknowledge that she had no answer in saying, “We do know and acknowledge that there are political realities. They don’t always happen with the wave of a wand but we can work to make these things happen.”
Tapper verbalized that he wasn’t going to “get an answer for the other $38 trillion.”
“Medicare for all would save the American people a very large amount of money … these are generational investments,” argues New York congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/z8GyxANVso
— CNN (@CNN) September 16, 2018
WATCH A LONGER VIDEO AT DAILYCALLER.COM.
Jake Tapper asks Alexandria Ocasio Cortez how she will pay for the $40T price tag on her socialist agenda. She says it will save money. What? #sotu
— Amanda Carpenter (@amandacarpenter) September 16, 2018
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told Jake Tapper that Medicare for All would act not as “a short-term bandaid,” but as a “generational investment” that would ultimately save the American people money. https://t.co/P1lVlpUHdQ
— Axios (@axios) September 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute