VIDEO: Judiciary Republican: It would be to Trump’s advantage to have attorneys at impeachment hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) said Sunday that it would be to President Trump’s advantage to have attorneys present at this week’s House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing.
“That is his right, but I can also understand how he is upset at the illegitimate process that we saw unfold in the Intelligence Committee,” McClintock, who sits on the Judiciary panel, said on ABC’s “This Week.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The California Republican also said he thinks having former National Security Adviser John Bolton and acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney testify could work in the president’s favor, but he understands why the president and the White House are ordering them not to appear.
McClintock said, “Of course, he has to weigh that against the enormous, catastrophic damage that would do to the doctrine of executive privilege.”
GOP Rep. Tom McClintock says “it would be to the president’s advantage to have his attorneys” at the December 4 impeachment hearing.
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) December 1, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses