VIDEO: Judiciary Republican: It would be to Trump’s advantage to have attorneys at impeachment hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) said Sunday that it would be to President Trump’s advantage to have attorneys present at this week’s House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing.
“That is his right, but I can also understand how he is upset at the illegitimate process that we saw unfold in the Intelligence Committee,” McClintock, who sits on the Judiciary panel, said on ABC’s “This Week.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The California Republican also said he thinks having former National Security Adviser John Bolton and acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney testify could work in the president’s favor, but he understands why the president and the White House are ordering them not to appear.
McClintock said, “Of course, he has to weigh that against the enormous, catastrophic damage that would do to the doctrine of executive privilege.”
GOP Rep. Tom McClintock says “it would be to the president’s advantage to have his attorneys” at the December 4 impeachment hearing.
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) December 1, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott