VIDEO: Kamala Harris grills DHS secretary on separating parents from kids at border
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) grilled Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Tuesday for the administration’s policy of separating kids from their parents.
Harris asked Nielsen at a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental affairs committee hearing on national security needs and authorities if President Trump directed her “to separate parents from children as a method of deterrence of undocumented immigration?”
The article goes on to state the following:
Nielsen answered that she had not been directed to do so “for purposes of deterrence.”
Asked why she is separating families, Nielsen said her decision “has been that anyone who breaks the law will be prosecuted.”
“If you are a parent or you are a single person or you happen to have a family, if you cross between the ports of entry, we will refer you for prosecution,” Nielsen said. “You have broken U.S. law.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
The White House wants to pour billions of dollars into ICE’s detention facilities, places where we know human rights abuses are being perpetrated. Enough is enough. Today, I’m introducing the DONE Act with @RepJayapal to prohibit the expansion or construction of new facilities.
— Kamala Harris (@SenKamalaHarris) May 15, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s decision to pull out of the North Korea meeting?