VIDEO: Kamala Harris rallies with McDonald’s workers striking for higher wages
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) rallied with McDonald’s workers striking in Nevada on Friday, where she told a crowd that workers at the franchise should be paid “livable wages.”
At a strike in Las Vegas organized by the activist group Fight for $15, the California senator marched with protesters before addressing a crowd, speaking about her own experience working as a former student.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I worked at McDonald’s. I was a student when I worked at McDonald’s,” she said. “There was not a family relying on me to pay the rent, put food on the table.”
Sen. @KamalaHarris rallies with striking McDonald’s workers in Las Vegas.
The workers want the right to unionize and a $15 an hour minimum wage. pic.twitter.com/Hul7B2Fius
— The Hill (@thehill) June 15, 2019
I worked at @McDonalds when I was a student, doing french fries and ice cream. There wasn’t a family relying on me to pay the bills — but that’s the reality for too many workers today. Proud to stand with @SEIU today for livable wages and a safe working environment. pic.twitter.com/essu9q63JF
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop