VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy denied the Republican Party had an optics problem as many members of his conference prepare to vote against a measure censuring President Trump for telling a quartet of minority House Democratic women “to go back” to where they came from.
“I think this party has been very clear. We are the party of Lincoln,” the California Republican told reporters on Capitol Hill Tuesday. “Let’s not be false about what is happening today. This is about politics.”
The article goes on to state the following:
McCarthy, a Trump ally, added the president’s comments weren’t racist, urging his Democratic colleagues to “get back to the business of America.”
President Trump thanked McCarthy for his support in a Twitter post.
Kevin McCarthy @GOPLeader, “The President’s Tweets were not Racist. The controversy over the tweets is ALL POLITICS. I will vote against this resolution.” Thank you Kevin!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 16, 2019
All the commotion about Trump’s “go back” tweet is just about politics, @GOPLeader says.
McCarthy says he plans to vote against Pelosi’s resolution condemning the tweet. https://t.co/Xmy5hSVDud
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott