VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy denied the Republican Party had an optics problem as many members of his conference prepare to vote against a measure censuring President Trump for telling a quartet of minority House Democratic women “to go back” to where they came from.
“I think this party has been very clear. We are the party of Lincoln,” the California Republican told reporters on Capitol Hill Tuesday. “Let’s not be false about what is happening today. This is about politics.”
The article goes on to state the following:
McCarthy, a Trump ally, added the president’s comments weren’t racist, urging his Democratic colleagues to “get back to the business of America.”
President Trump thanked McCarthy for his support in a Twitter post.
Kevin McCarthy @GOPLeader, “The President’s Tweets were not Racist. The controversy over the tweets is ALL POLITICS. I will vote against this resolution.” Thank you Kevin!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 16, 2019
All the commotion about Trump’s “go back” tweet is just about politics, @GOPLeader says.
McCarthy says he plans to vote against Pelosi’s resolution condemning the tweet. https://t.co/Xmy5hSVDud
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra