VIDEO: Legal Immigrant Defends President Trump’s Immigration Policies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A legal immigrant is going viral for defending President Donald Trump’s immigration policies in a recent op-ed.
Guyanese-born Neil Gouveia came to the United States when he was seven-years-old, and six years later he became an American citizen.
Gouveia joined Steve Doocy on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday to share his story and to explain why he believes Trump is right on immigration.
The article goes on to state the following:
“America’s a land of opportunities, and this is a place where we could create our own destiny, so it was definitely worth it,” Gouveia said of his family’s years-long journey toward citizenship.
Gouveia revealed that his mother had to make an incredibly difficult “Sophie’s Choice” as she tried to legally bring her family to America.
After a three-year wait, Gouveia’s mother arrived at the U.S. embassy in Georgetown to pick up visas for her family of nine, but she was informed by an immigration officer that the visas could not be issued because one of her children had cerebral palsy, and that would be a huge expense for the U.S. government.
Gouveia’s mother decided to leave her daughter behind to be cared for by a friend, in order to save the American Dream for the rest of her family.
WATCH THE INTERVIEW BELOW:
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”