VIDEO: Lindsey Graham clarifies Trump AG nominee William Barr’s stance on Mueller
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump’s attorney general nominee, William Barr, has said he will allow Special Counsel Robert Mueller to finish the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said on Wednesday.
Graham told reporters Barr assured him the investigation would continue. “I can assure you he has a very high opinion of Mr. Mueller and he is committed to letting Mr. Mueller finish his job,” Graham said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee will hold confirmation hearings on Jan. 15 and 16 for Barr, who has come under fire from Democrats for his criticism of the special counsel’s Russia probe.
Sen. Lindsey Graham: A.G. nominee William Barr doesn’t think Mueller probe is a ‘witch hunt’ https://t.co/MO4RHvRsTh
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) January 9, 2019
Lindsey Graham after meeting with AG Nominee William Barr:
“I asked Mr. Barr directly do you think Bob, Mr. Mueller’s on a witch hunt? He said no…And do you see any reason for Mr. Mueller’s investigation to be stopped. He said no.” pic.twitter.com/l6LfXT7V2S
— Jason Donner (@jason_donner) January 9, 2019
Graham says Barr believes Mueller will be “fair” to Trump. “I can assure you based upon what I heard, he has a high opinion of Mr. Mueller…. He has no reason for Mr. Mueller to stop doing his job and is committed to letting Mr. Mueller finish his work.”
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 9, 2019
Reuters: Graham told reporters Barr assured him the investigation would continue. “I can assure you he has a very high opinion of Mr. Mueller and he is committed to letting Mr. Mueller finish his job,” Graham said. https://t.co/7SeCXYvXso
— Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions