VIDEO: ‘A lot at stake’: Illegal U.S. northern border crossings up 142 percent from last year
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
CBS News has learned the number of people caught illegally crossing the United States’ northern border is up 142 percent. Border Patrol agents apprehended 445 people entering the U.S. from Canada during the first six months of 2018; that compares with 184 during the same period last year.
The northern border is very easy to cross, which was actually the original intention. But it also makes it very difficult to secure.
The article goes on to state the following:
An unguarded metal fence is the only thing keeping smugglers from entering a remote corner of New York State – a small part of the physical security infrastructure along America’s northern border.
Norm Lague, the Border Patrol agent in charge here, says it’s impossible to cover 100 percent of the entire 5,525-mile-long U.S.-Canadian border, the longest and busiest land boundary in the world.
“It’s a tough challenge to go ahead and take the limited resources we have and work in such a vast area,” Lague told correspondent Don Dahler
About 400,000 people and more than 1.6 billion in goods legally cross the border every day.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees