VIDEO: Married couple may divorce to afford health care for disabled daughter
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Texas couple who say they’ve been happily married for nine years may get a divorce in order to pay for their daughter’s rising health-care costs.
Jake and Maria Grey told NBC’s “Today” that Brighton, the older of their two daughters, has Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, a developmental disability that requires 24/7 care. They said they spend thousands of dollars annually out of pocket, even though Jake Grey has private health insurance.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We shouldn’t have to make that sacrifice to get our child Medicaid,” Grey said.
Jake Grey’s $40,000 salary is too much for the family to receive Medicaid, and Maria Grey said they are No. 60,000 on the list to receive state assistance.
“It’s drowning us to try to keep up with her medical expenses,” Jake Grey said. “We’ve done everything we can do to try to keep her afloat, and we’re going to reach a point where we can’t do it and we won’t have another option. We don’t know what to do.”
“You try anything when it comes to your child.” Texas couple considering divorce so that they can afford health care for their daughter who suffers from a devastating genetic disorder pic.twitter.com/tlc390o0SI
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) July 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks