VIDEO: Married couple may divorce to afford health care for disabled daughter
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Texas couple who say they’ve been happily married for nine years may get a divorce in order to pay for their daughter’s rising health-care costs.
Jake and Maria Grey told NBC’s “Today” that Brighton, the older of their two daughters, has Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, a developmental disability that requires 24/7 care. They said they spend thousands of dollars annually out of pocket, even though Jake Grey has private health insurance.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We shouldn’t have to make that sacrifice to get our child Medicaid,” Grey said.
Jake Grey’s $40,000 salary is too much for the family to receive Medicaid, and Maria Grey said they are No. 60,000 on the list to receive state assistance.
“It’s drowning us to try to keep up with her medical expenses,” Jake Grey said. “We’ve done everything we can do to try to keep her afloat, and we’re going to reach a point where we can’t do it and we won’t have another option. We don’t know what to do.”
“You try anything when it comes to your child.” Texas couple considering divorce so that they can afford health care for their daughter who suffers from a devastating genetic disorder pic.twitter.com/tlc390o0SI
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) July 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation