VIDEO: Mayor refuses to sign proclamation honoring Pride festival
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Members of the LGBT community reportedly confronted a Minnesota mayor during a city council meeting on Monday night over her refusal to sign a proclamation honoring LGBTQ Awareness Day.
Mayor Donna Schmitt of Columbia Heights said she would not recognize the proclamation ahead of the city’s first Pride festival because organizers did not follow guidelines necessary for ceremonial documents, KSTP reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is not about a group, it’s about ‘let’s follow the guidelines,’” Schmitt told the TV station. “They can go out and celebrate, they are more than welcome to rent our parks and have a family friendly event as they have requested.”
— The Hill (@thehill) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?