VIDEO: Mayor refuses to sign proclamation honoring Pride festival
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Members of the LGBT community reportedly confronted a Minnesota mayor during a city council meeting on Monday night over her refusal to sign a proclamation honoring LGBTQ Awareness Day.
Mayor Donna Schmitt of Columbia Heights said she would not recognize the proclamation ahead of the city’s first Pride festival because organizers did not follow guidelines necessary for ceremonial documents, KSTP reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is not about a group, it’s about ‘let’s follow the guidelines,’” Schmitt told the TV station. “They can go out and celebrate, they are more than welcome to rent our parks and have a family friendly event as they have requested.”
— The Hill (@thehill) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott