VIDEO: Mayor Won’t Say She Was ‘Wrong’ — As Promised — To Republican Governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
Weeks ago, liberal Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was publicly criticizing Republican Governor of Georgia Brian Kemp for loosening lockdown restrictions, and, according to local media, actively looking for legal avenues to buck his order. In fact, at the time, Bottoms promised she’d tell the governor she was “wrong” if there wasn’t the huge spike in hospitalizations and deaths that she feared and most certainly anticipated would transpire in the days and weeks following the state’s reopening.
Bottoms’ predicted apocalypse never materialized, of course. But neither has her admission to the governor that she was wrong.
The article goes on to state the following:
During an appearance on MSNBC this week, the mayor admitted the reopening wasn’t “as bad” as she thought it would be, but refused to go as far as to admit she was “wrong.” She was given ample cover from left-wing anchor Brian Williams, of course.
Williams said, “I think I remember you saying that you hoped to be wrong, that you hoped the situation would be better than you feared, and that if you were in fact wrong, you would say to the governor, ‘I was wrong.
“Is it a little muddier than being able to say, ‘I was right’ or “I was wrong’?” he continued. “Are we as of the time of this conversation somewhere in the middle, do you think?”
“Well, what I can say, Brian, is it’s not as bad as I thought that it would be,” Bottoms acknowledged. “So, I am pleased about that, but I still think it’s too soon to say.”
“My big concern is as it gets warmer & warmer in Georgia…we will see fewer people with masks on. This is going to be the time that we really give a good look at our numbers & what impact our aggressive reopening has on our positive cases in the state.” – Mayor @KeishaBottoms pic.twitter.com/c9Unu9PG74
— City of Atlanta, GA (@CityofAtlanta) May 18, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention