VIDEO: Media had no problem calling it a border ‘crisis’ in 2014 under Obama
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following OPINION EDITORIAL written by Eddie Scarry and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Both Democrats and most news media are yelling as often as they can that there is no border “crisis,” even though they spent the last year telling everyone there was and even though they had no problem explicitly calling it a “crisis” in 2014, when the situation was the exact same as it is now.
“We now have an actual humanitarian crisis on the borer that only underscores the need to drop the politics and fix our immigration system once and for all,” then-President Barack Obama said in the Rose Garden in 2014. “In recent weeks we’ve seen a surge of unaccompanied children arrive at the border, brought here and to other countries by smugglers and traffickers.”
This is no different than what President Trump said from the Oval Office on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
The only difference is how the media are covering it.
The Washington Post on July 12, 2014, referred to “the current crisis on the Southwest border, where authorities have apprehended tens of thousands of unaccompanied Central American children since October …” The story’s lead author was Karen Tumulty, now a columnist for the Post, who completely dismissed the idea of any crisis at the border this week.
Media had no problem calling it a border “crisis” in 2014 under Obama https://t.co/ZpABLRQkUZ
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- REPORT: WikiLeaks founder releases statement on House Judiciary request for documents