VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DESERTSUN.COM:
Hundreds of people who arrived in Tijuana with the first wave of the migrant caravan planned to spend Wednesday night in a makeshift camp by the Pacific Ocean, steps from the tall border fence that separates Mexico and the United States. But those plans shifted in the evening, after local and state officials opened a temporary shelter – and about 300 local residents gathered by the encampment to demand the migrants leave the upscale Playas de Tijuana neighborhood and go to the facility.
During a confrontation that lasted more than three hours, area residents sang the Mexican national anthem and waved Mexican flags. They chanted “Mexico! Mexico!” each time a bus transporting migrants left the beach for the temporary shelter. Mostly women and children went to the shelters, while young men from the caravan said they were determined to stay together at the beach and await the estimated 2,000 more caravan members on their way to Tijuana.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pushing, shoving, kicking and a couple of blows broke out between masses of residents and migrants, illuminated by the crescent moon and mobile light towers, set up by authorities on the beach on the U.S. side of the border. More than three dozen municipal and federal police watched, separating people and trying to prevent the situation from devolving into fistfights and chaos.
After midnight, residents assaulted journalists, injuring at least three, according to reporters on the scene.
Below are videos which reveal the extremity of the violence that erupted in Tijuana Wednesday evening, as buses arrived with more migrants and protesting Mexicans refused to let them disembark.
According to the video reports, migrants already there began throwing large rocks at Mexicans, who had to flee.
Hundreds of members of migrant caravan planning to camp by beach and border wall tonight. Now the neighbors in community of Playas de Tijuana are protesting, demanding people go to migrant shelters. They’re singing the Mexican national anthem and waving a Mexican flag. @MyDesert pic.twitter.com/9Wvuusdgty
— Rebecca Plevin (@rebeccaplevin) November 15, 2018
Violence breaks out at border as migrant caravan arrives in already crowded Tijuana, Mexico Fights broke out between local Mexican residents and migrants on the beach overnight, as the caravan piles up in Tijuana. https://t.co/G7JAF2bhFv #USRC pic.twitter.com/bTr8ZWzFvv
— U.S. Reality Check🗽 (@USRealityCheck) November 15, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit DESERTSUN.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DESERTSUN.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Jussie Smollett disses Donald Trump in leaked video of scrapped ‘Drop the Mic’ episode