VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe Agrees With Conservative Critics In Comments On ‘Equal Pay’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
On Tuesday night, U.S. Women’s Soccer star Megan Rapinoe appeared on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” to discuss her team’s World Cup win, and of course, politics. During the interview, Rapinoe actually made the same point about the so-called “gender wage gap” that has been made countless times from the Right: women are paid less than men because they generate less revenue.
Maddow highlighted that U.S. soccer fans in France chanting “equal pay” in the moments after the women’s team won another World Cup final and asked the star forward how fans can help make “equal pay” a reality.
Rapinoe suggested that fans could first an foremost “come to games.”
“Obviously national team games will be hot ticket, but we have nine teams in the NWSL, you can go to your league games, you can support that way,” Rapinoe said.
“You can buy players’ jerseys, you can lend your support that way, you can tell your friends about it, you can become season ticket holders,” she added.
The article goes on to state the following:
In other words, fans can help the team generate more money, thus leading to the female players being paid more.
Megan Rapinoe on how fans can support the fight for equal pay: Come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders, tell your friends about it. pic.twitter.com/Zooy7C3tEy
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?