VIDEO: Mexico police release shocking video of third drug tunnel found in less than a month near Arizona border
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by AZCENTRAL.COM:
TUCSON — Mexican authorities uncovered another tunnel in Nogales, Sonora — across the border from Nogales, Arizona — which they suspect was used to smuggle drugs and people across the U.S.-Mexico border.
It’s the third time they have made such a discovery in less than a month, and comes amid President Donald Trump’s demand for funding to build more physical barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mexican Federal Police on Wednesday posted a short video of the tunnel on Twitter. Police said the tunnel measured about 32 feet in length, but offered few other details, such as the location or how they found it.
The video shows two police officers opening up a manhole underneath the extensive drainage channels that lie below the downtown areas in the twin cities of Nogales. The channels are used to ease the flow of runoff water during storms and typically flow north from Sonora into Arizona because of the terrain. But they are also commonly used in smuggling attempts.
Mexico’s Federal Police tweeted on Wednesday, “As part of our service to provide security in the border area, federal police detected a tunnel almost 10 meters long, presumably used to commit illicit acts.”
#Nogales #Sonora. Como parte de nuestro servicio para brindar seguridad en la zona fronteriza, policías federales detectaron un túnel de casi 10 metros de longitud, presumiblemente usado para cometer ilícitos. Tu reporte es seguro y confidencial llama 088 o usa #PFMovil. pic.twitter.com/uenMTmZ6H5
— Policía Federal Mx (@PoliciaFedMx) January 9, 2019
For the third time in less than a month, Mexican authorities uncovered a tunnel in Nogales, Sonora — across the border from Nogales, Arizona — which they suspect was used to smuggle drugs and people across the border. https://t.co/QzpX8gmV32
— azcentral (@azcentral) January 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit AZCENTRAL.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting AZCENTRAL.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump