VIDEO: Michelle Obama to kick off book tour in a big way
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM:
Michelle Obama announced a stadium-sized speaking tour Wednesday for her upcoming memoir, “Becoming,” and the first stop is in Chicago — at the United Center.
Chicago’s favorite former First Lady announced via an Instagram post that the tour will hit 10 different US cities to coincide with the release of the book. The United Center gig is Nov. 13, the same day the book is scheduled to be released.
The article goes on to state the following:
Obama wrote on Instagram that she wants the tour to be a chance for her to share more of “the kinds of details I’d usually just brush off or even forget about,” like the details behind her well-known accomplishments and titles.
“This fall, I’d like to share that fuller story with all of you on my book tour. It’s the story of my humdrum plainness, my tiny victories, my lasting bruises, my ordinary hopes and worries,” she wrote. “It’s the story of who I am, truly, and I’m proud of it — blemishes and all.”
“Becoming” covers the story of Obama’s life, from her roots as a black girl growing up on Chicago’s South Side to her tenure as the first lady of the United States, as well as everything between.
Tickets for the “Becoming” tour will go on sale in two stages.
View this post on Instagram
JOIN ME ON MY BOOK TOUR! www.becomingmichelleobama.com #IAmBecoming I’m from the South Side of Chicago. I went to Princeton and Harvard. I’m a wife, a mother, a daughter, and a sister. I’ve been a lawyer, a nonprofit leader, a hospital executive, and First Lady of the United States. I like to call these my “stats” – the shorthand we all seem to default to whenever we tell our stories. Where are you from? What do you do? What school did you go to? As I’ve written my memoir, BECOMING, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about my story, mining it for the kinds of details I’d usually just brush off or even forget about—the narrow taillights of my father’s car, a talk with my mother on a drive home, the heat of my daughter’s forehead when she ran a fever. And in doing so, I’ve realized that those surface-level “stats” don’t really tell my story at all. This fall, I’d like to share that fuller story with all of you on my book tour. It’s the story of my humdrum plainness, my tiny victories, my lasting bruises, my ordinary hopes and worries. It’s the story of who I am, truly, and I’m proud of it—blemishes and all. Go to BecomingMichelleObama.com to find out where I’ll be and how to get tickets. #IAmBecoming I hope to see you somewhere along the way!
To weigh in on this information provided by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- REPORT: Researchers Admit MATH ERROR on ‘Alarming’ Study Claiming Global Warming Heating Up Oceans