VIDEO: Michelle Obama to kick off book tour in a big way
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM:
Michelle Obama announced a stadium-sized speaking tour Wednesday for her upcoming memoir, “Becoming,” and the first stop is in Chicago — at the United Center.
Chicago’s favorite former First Lady announced via an Instagram post that the tour will hit 10 different US cities to coincide with the release of the book. The United Center gig is Nov. 13, the same day the book is scheduled to be released.
The article goes on to state the following:
Obama wrote on Instagram that she wants the tour to be a chance for her to share more of “the kinds of details I’d usually just brush off or even forget about,” like the details behind her well-known accomplishments and titles.
“This fall, I’d like to share that fuller story with all of you on my book tour. It’s the story of my humdrum plainness, my tiny victories, my lasting bruises, my ordinary hopes and worries,” she wrote. “It’s the story of who I am, truly, and I’m proud of it — blemishes and all.”
“Becoming” covers the story of Obama’s life, from her roots as a black girl growing up on Chicago’s South Side to her tenure as the first lady of the United States, as well as everything between.
Tickets for the “Becoming” tour will go on sale in two stages.
View this post on Instagram
JOIN ME ON MY BOOK TOUR! www.becomingmichelleobama.com #IAmBecoming I’m from the South Side of Chicago. I went to Princeton and Harvard. I’m a wife, a mother, a daughter, and a sister. I’ve been a lawyer, a nonprofit leader, a hospital executive, and First Lady of the United States. I like to call these my “stats” – the shorthand we all seem to default to whenever we tell our stories. Where are you from? What do you do? What school did you go to? As I’ve written my memoir, BECOMING, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about my story, mining it for the kinds of details I’d usually just brush off or even forget about—the narrow taillights of my father’s car, a talk with my mother on a drive home, the heat of my daughter’s forehead when she ran a fever. And in doing so, I’ve realized that those surface-level “stats” don’t really tell my story at all. This fall, I’d like to share that fuller story with all of you on my book tour. It’s the story of my humdrum plainness, my tiny victories, my lasting bruises, my ordinary hopes and worries. It’s the story of who I am, truly, and I’m proud of it—blemishes and all. Go to BecomingMichelleObama.com to find out where I’ll be and how to get tickets. #IAmBecoming I hope to see you somewhere along the way!
To weigh in on this information provided by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments