VIDEO: Michigan AG blasts Trump after he goes without mask on part of Ford plant tour
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) said President Trump’s decision not to wear a mask at a Ford plant in her state Thursday shows he is a “petulant child who refuses to follow the rules.”
“The president is a petulant child who refuses to follow the rules, and I have to say, this is no joke,” Nessel said during an on-air appearance on CNN Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nessel joined other Democrats in criticizing Trump for what they consider failing to set an example. Vice President Pence was criticized earlier this month for not wearing a mask inside the Mayo Clinic campus in Minnesota.
ICYMI: Michigan AG @DanaNessel joined @CNN to talk about President Trump’s visit to Michigan and the importance of taking safety precautions, like wearing a mask in public spaces. pic.twitter.com/rgimLfYjCY
— Democratic AGs (@DemocraticAGs) May 21, 2020
When asked by a reporter on why he wasn’t wearing a mask, President Trump responded, “I was given a choice. I had one on in an area where they preferred it, so I put it on, and it was very nice.”
REPORTER: Can you explain why you decided not to wear a mask?
TRUMP: “Well I did wear — I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”
R: But the executives are wearing them.
TRUMP: “That’s their choice.” pic.twitter.com/WuNFNrYkxm
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 21, 2020
— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) May 21, 2020
Thursday morning, Nessel had declared that if President Trump refused to wear a mask while in Michigan, he would be asked not to come back.
“He is portraying the worst possible message to those who can’t afford to be on the receiving end. It’s very, very concerning,” she said.
#BREAKING: Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel: “If [President Trump] fails to wear a mask, he is going to be asked NOT TO RETURN to any unclosed facilities inside our state.” https://t.co/nzb4GYXvrg pic.twitter.com/UaSzeDs7FO
— The Hill (@thehill) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial