VIDEO: Mike Rowe weighs in on ‘snowplow’ parents and the college admissions scandal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Television host and author Mike Rowe believes that the American people should be just as outraged with the skyrocketing cost of higher education as they are with the celebrities exposed in the college admissions cheating scandal.
Rowe, who is best known for his Discovery Channel show “Dirty Jobs,” also argues in favor of more vocational jobs and said that “not everyone has to go to college” during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
He was responding to questions regarding the scandal which has ensnared Hollywood, leaving actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman facing jail time for bribing university employees to get their children into good schools.
“I think it is interesting that when wealthy people cheat, we get angrier than we do when middle-class people cheat,” Rowe said about the media frenzy which has surrounded the case. “It’s kind of fun to be outraged at people who are clearly privileged and don’t ‘need to cheat’, but ethics have nothing to do with money, right?… On the one hand, yeah, it is outrageous what happened. But it’s also outrageous that the cost of college has increased faster than the cost of health care, real estate, food, energy,” he continued.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake