VIDEO: Miracle baby born using dead donor’s transplanted womb
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Clinic says it has delivered the first baby in North America after a womb transplant from a dead donor.
Uterine transplants have enabled more than a dozen women to give birth, usually with wombs donated from a living donor such as a friend or relative. In December, doctors in Brazil reported the world’s first birth using a deceased donor’s womb.
The article goes on to state the following:
These transplants were pioneered by a Swedish doctor who did the first successful one five years ago.
NBC News further reports:
“Through this research, we aim to make these extraordinary events ordinary for the women who choose this option,” transplant surgeon Andreas Tzakis said in a statement on the hospital’s website. “We are grateful to the donor. Their generosity allowed our patient’s dream to come true and a new baby to be born.”
These types of transplants were pioneered in Sweden, where the first successful procedure was performed five years ago.
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling