VIDEO: Miracle baby born using dead donor’s transplanted womb
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Clinic says it has delivered the first baby in North America after a womb transplant from a dead donor.
Uterine transplants have enabled more than a dozen women to give birth, usually with wombs donated from a living donor such as a friend or relative. In December, doctors in Brazil reported the world’s first birth using a deceased donor’s womb.
The article goes on to state the following:
These transplants were pioneered by a Swedish doctor who did the first successful one five years ago.
NBC News further reports:
“Through this research, we aim to make these extraordinary events ordinary for the women who choose this option,” transplant surgeon Andreas Tzakis said in a statement on the hospital’s website. “We are grateful to the donor. Their generosity allowed our patient’s dream to come true and a new baby to be born.”
These types of transplants were pioneered in Sweden, where the first successful procedure was performed five years ago.
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?