VIDEO: “Morning Joe” rips GOP for repeating conspiracy theories, then guest accuses “the entire GOP” of…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
MSNBC “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough and other panelists on his show ripped Republicans on Monday for repeating conspiracy theories, with Financial Times editor Edward Luce accusing “the entire GOP” of being assets of Russia.
Luce’s remarks, and the general discussion on “Morning Joe,” were fueled by comments made by Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) on Sunday’s “Meet the Press.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Kennedy tangled with the show’s host, Chuck Todd, after the senator said former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko “actively worked for” 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Todd ripped Kennedy for his statements arguing that Ukraine interfered in the election.
According to Scarborough, Kennedy is getting his talking points from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“You have Republicans going on national television repeating Putin talking points,” Scarborough said Monday in reference to Kennedy after Todd made the same correlation on Sunday.
Scarborough said Russia was the country that interfered in the 2016 election, not Ukraine, citing U.S. intelligence agencies.
“The United States Senate even got a warning from the intel agencies, Donald Trump’s intel agencies, that this is propaganda that Vladimir Putin has been trying to push for the past several years,” Scarborough said. “We know with Donald Trump, all roads lead to Moscow. All roads lead to Putin. We know that. The question is, why is the Republican Party, why are conservatives who claim to be against Russian expansionism and authoritarianism, why are they willingly repeating Russian talking points made up by an ex-KGB officer?”
Luce eventually pointed to comments made by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to support a theory that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.
Ahead of the 2016 election, McCarthy was recorded claiming that Trump was being paid off by Putin, which aides later explained as a “joke” made by the congressman.
Luce said one could “extrapolate from Kevin McCarthy’s words, to say that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.”
Morning Joe Slams Republicans for Repeating Putin Talking Points: ‘The Entire GOP is a Russian Asset’ https://t.co/ZWGITmnzAe
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses