VIDEO: “Morning Joe” rips GOP for repeating conspiracy theories, then guest accuses “the entire GOP” of…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
MSNBC “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough and other panelists on his show ripped Republicans on Monday for repeating conspiracy theories, with Financial Times editor Edward Luce accusing “the entire GOP” of being assets of Russia.
Luce’s remarks, and the general discussion on “Morning Joe,” were fueled by comments made by Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) on Sunday’s “Meet the Press.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Kennedy tangled with the show’s host, Chuck Todd, after the senator said former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko “actively worked for” 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Todd ripped Kennedy for his statements arguing that Ukraine interfered in the election.
According to Scarborough, Kennedy is getting his talking points from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“You have Republicans going on national television repeating Putin talking points,” Scarborough said Monday in reference to Kennedy after Todd made the same correlation on Sunday.
Scarborough said Russia was the country that interfered in the 2016 election, not Ukraine, citing U.S. intelligence agencies.
“The United States Senate even got a warning from the intel agencies, Donald Trump’s intel agencies, that this is propaganda that Vladimir Putin has been trying to push for the past several years,” Scarborough said. “We know with Donald Trump, all roads lead to Moscow. All roads lead to Putin. We know that. The question is, why is the Republican Party, why are conservatives who claim to be against Russian expansionism and authoritarianism, why are they willingly repeating Russian talking points made up by an ex-KGB officer?”
Luce eventually pointed to comments made by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to support a theory that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.
Ahead of the 2016 election, McCarthy was recorded claiming that Trump was being paid off by Putin, which aides later explained as a “joke” made by the congressman.
Luce said one could “extrapolate from Kevin McCarthy’s words, to say that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.”
Morning Joe Slams Republicans for Repeating Putin Talking Points: ‘The Entire GOP is a Russian Asset’ https://t.co/ZWGITmnzAe
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]