VIDEO: MSNBC host rips ‘distorted takes’ on Omar 9/11 remark
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
MSNBC host Joy Reid took aim at Republicans, including President Trump, on Saturday over their criticism of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) for remarks she made about the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Playing an extended clip of Omar’s comments from last month, Reid accused the GOP of trying to paint the progressive lawmaker as dismissive of the 9/11 attacks, when her remarks were referring to efforts by some conservatives to strip Muslim Americans of civil liberties after Sept. 11, 2001.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Many on the right cut, not only the little phrase, that snippet, ‘some people did something’, and used that out of context snippet to assail the congresswoman, with some Fox News personalities even questioning her loyalty to the United States,” Reid said, referring to remarks made by Fox host Brian Kilmeade, who later clarified that he was not questioning Omar’s loyalty.
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake