VIDEO: Netanyahu triumphant in speech at US Embassy opening
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu celebrated the opening of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem on Monday, saying that Israelis are “here to stay” in the ancient city.
“We are in Jerusalem and we are here to stay,” Netanyahu said at a ceremony commemorating the event. “We are here in Jerusalem protected by the brave soldiers of the army of Israel.”
Netanyahu’s remarks came as Palestinians protested on the border with the Gaza Strip.
The article goes on to state the following:
The opening of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem is seen as a victory for the Israeli government and a fulfillment of one of President Trump‘s campaign promises.
However, the move has been condemned by Palestinians and various members of the international community.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“What a glorious day! Remember this moment. This is history. President Trump, by recognizing history, you have MADE history,” Netanyahu said.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake