VIDEO: New poll shows how Ted Cruz is stacking up against challenger Beto O’Rourke
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Republican Sen. Ted Cruz has a slim margin over Rep. Beto O’Rourke in the Texas Senate race, according to a new poll by CBS Dallas-Forth Worth/Dixie Strategies.
The poll asked likely voters whom they would vote for if the election was held today. Forty-six percent of respondents said that they would support Cruz, while 42 percent would vote for O’Rourke. The differential of four points was within the margin of error of 4.3 points, meaning that the two candidates are statistically tied according to this poll.
The article goes on to state the following:
Forty percent of independents said that they would vote for Cruz, and 38 percent said that they would support O’Rourke. O’Rourke is looking to win over independents who may be displeased with the Republican Party and engage new Democratic voters.
According to the poll, President Trump has an approval rating of 51 percent and a disapproval rating of 46 percent among all Texas voters. However, views on Mr. Trump are split down partisan lines: 91 percent of Republicans view him favorably, while 84 percent of Democrats view him unfavorably.
“Senator Cruz is in a race that is tighter than it should be, considering Texas is a conservative state,” said Brian Graham, managing partner of Dixie Strategies.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Ronald Reagan’s daughter makes statement on Trump’s presidency
- REPORT: Former GOP governor expected to primary Trump in 2020 calls him a “national embarrassment”
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Republican shames Ilhan Omar in blistering op-ed
- VIDEO: DML WARNS: Fox News will screw President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Launches vicious new attack against Kellyanne Conway’s husband
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- REPORT: Woman learns cough dismissed as ‘allergies’ was actually something much worse (PHOTOS)