VIDEO: Northam says he supports investigation into sexual assault allegations against Fairfax
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) said Sunday that he supports an investigation into the sexual assault allegations against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D), but stopped short of calling on Fairfax to resign.
“I can only imagine that it must take tremendous courage for women to step forward and talk about these things that just are so hurtful,” Northam told “CBS This Morning” co-host Gayle King. “And these accusations are very, very serious. They need to be taken seriously. If these accusations are determined to be true, I don’t think he’s going to have any other option but to resign.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Northam noted that Fairfax has called for an investigation into the accusations, and said it’s important to “get to the truth.”
It’s up to Fairfax whether he should resign at this point, Northam added. Northam is fending off his own calls to resign due to a controversy over a photo in his medical school yearbook.
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam on sexual assault allegations against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax: “If these accusations are determined to be true, I don’t think he’s going to have any other option but to resign” https://t.co/ba3PnylCag pic.twitter.com/vsFRRr4aZw
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy