VIDEO: Nurses fighting to remove Zuckerberg’s name from hospital
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
It has not been a good year for the Mark Zuckerberg name, as Facebook has fallen deep into a series of privacy scandals over allowing millions of users’ personal data to be improperly exploited.
And in San Francisco it’s become a particular flash point. Here, the Zuckerberg name is visible on one of the city’s most iconic institutions and one where privacy is part of the compact: the 146-year-old general hospital. After a record-setting $75 million gift from Mr. Zuckerberg and his wife, the pediatrician Priscilla Chan, in 2015, the general hospital was renamed Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
The article goes on to state the following:
Now, in light of Facebook’s recent controversies, a group of nurses are saying the name makes patients wary. And they have renewed their efforts to have it removed.
“We are in charge of keeping our most vulnerable people private and protected,” said Heather Ali, who works at the hospital in nursing administration. “Now people wonder, ‘How much is my privacy protected at a hospital with that name on it?’”
The NY Times noted that renaming the hospital after Zuckerberg was one of the conditions to accepting his $75 million gift, but now some on the hospital board are having regrets.
“Had we known what we know now, perhaps we wouldn’t have accepted the funds from Zuckerberg,” said John Avalos, the former supervisor.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’