VIDEO: Nurses fighting to remove Zuckerberg’s name from hospital
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
It has not been a good year for the Mark Zuckerberg name, as Facebook has fallen deep into a series of privacy scandals over allowing millions of users’ personal data to be improperly exploited.
And in San Francisco it’s become a particular flash point. Here, the Zuckerberg name is visible on one of the city’s most iconic institutions and one where privacy is part of the compact: the 146-year-old general hospital. After a record-setting $75 million gift from Mr. Zuckerberg and his wife, the pediatrician Priscilla Chan, in 2015, the general hospital was renamed Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
The article goes on to state the following:
Now, in light of Facebook’s recent controversies, a group of nurses are saying the name makes patients wary. And they have renewed their efforts to have it removed.
“We are in charge of keeping our most vulnerable people private and protected,” said Heather Ali, who works at the hospital in nursing administration. “Now people wonder, ‘How much is my privacy protected at a hospital with that name on it?’”
The NY Times noted that renaming the hospital after Zuckerberg was one of the conditions to accepting his $75 million gift, but now some on the hospital board are having regrets.
“Had we known what we know now, perhaps we wouldn’t have accepted the funds from Zuckerberg,” said John Avalos, the former supervisor.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory
- REPORT: Border agents bust foreigners attempting to enter as tourists with fake documents