VIDEO: Nurses fighting to remove Zuckerberg’s name from hospital
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
It has not been a good year for the Mark Zuckerberg name, as Facebook has fallen deep into a series of privacy scandals over allowing millions of users’ personal data to be improperly exploited.
And in San Francisco it’s become a particular flash point. Here, the Zuckerberg name is visible on one of the city’s most iconic institutions and one where privacy is part of the compact: the 146-year-old general hospital. After a record-setting $75 million gift from Mr. Zuckerberg and his wife, the pediatrician Priscilla Chan, in 2015, the general hospital was renamed Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
The article goes on to state the following:
Now, in light of Facebook’s recent controversies, a group of nurses are saying the name makes patients wary. And they have renewed their efforts to have it removed.
“We are in charge of keeping our most vulnerable people private and protected,” said Heather Ali, who works at the hospital in nursing administration. “Now people wonder, ‘How much is my privacy protected at a hospital with that name on it?’”
The NY Times noted that renaming the hospital after Zuckerberg was one of the conditions to accepting his $75 million gift, but now some on the hospital board are having regrets.
“Had we known what we know now, perhaps we wouldn’t have accepted the funds from Zuckerberg,” said John Avalos, the former supervisor.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending