VIDEO: Nurses fighting to remove Zuckerberg’s name from hospital
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
It has not been a good year for the Mark Zuckerberg name, as Facebook has fallen deep into a series of privacy scandals over allowing millions of users’ personal data to be improperly exploited.
And in San Francisco it’s become a particular flash point. Here, the Zuckerberg name is visible on one of the city’s most iconic institutions and one where privacy is part of the compact: the 146-year-old general hospital. After a record-setting $75 million gift from Mr. Zuckerberg and his wife, the pediatrician Priscilla Chan, in 2015, the general hospital was renamed Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
The article goes on to state the following:
Now, in light of Facebook’s recent controversies, a group of nurses are saying the name makes patients wary. And they have renewed their efforts to have it removed.
“We are in charge of keeping our most vulnerable people private and protected,” said Heather Ali, who works at the hospital in nursing administration. “Now people wonder, ‘How much is my privacy protected at a hospital with that name on it?’”
The NY Times noted that renaming the hospital after Zuckerberg was one of the conditions to accepting his $75 million gift, but now some on the hospital board are having regrets.
“Had we known what we know now, perhaps we wouldn’t have accepted the funds from Zuckerberg,” said John Avalos, the former supervisor.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended