VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York Times columnist Bari Weiss said that it was “a scandal” that most major media outlets ignored the history behind the organization that had planned to sponsor Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib’s trip to Israel.
Last week, the Israeli government, after being pressured by President Trump publicly, decided to bar Omar and Tlaib from entering the country citing a law that allowed them to refuse entry to anyone who has publicly supported a boycott of Israel, which they have. Tlaib was then offered a chance to travel to the country to see her family on the condition that she wouldn’t protest while there, and she refused.
The article goes on to state the following:
Weiss appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources Sunday morning and she brought up the canceled trip in a discussion about how reporting on lies provides amplification for the lie itself.
She brought up Tlaib and Omar’s canceled trip and then added, “But another huge story, one that has not been covered by any mainstream paper or network is the fact that their trip to Israel, or as they’re calling Palestine, was being sponsored by a group that literally published neo-Nazi blood libels and said that it supported female suicide bombers. You know, hailing them as heroes. That’s a scandal.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts