VIDEO: Obama appears in new ad from Dem redistricting group
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Obama says that “rethinking the way we draw our congressional districts” is vital to American democracy in a new video released by the National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC) on Wednesday.
In the video from the group, which is led by Eric Holder, Obama’s former attorney general, the former president calls the surge in first-time candidates and the move to register more voters in 2018 “inspiring.” But he says that modern technology has allowed a “party in power to precision-draw a map in a way that packs the other parties supporters into as few congressional districts as possible.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s why your district might be shaped like a corkscrew,” Obama says. “But it’s also how a party gains more seats, while winning fewer votes. Which isn’t fair.”
He then goes on to assert that these antics have moved our political debates from the rational middle to the extreme, saying that’s why he supported Holder in creating the NDRC.
“It’s the first ever comprehensive strategy to make redistricting fairer,” Obama says, adding that the organization will fight for reforms to make maps less partisan and to elect candidates that support fair redistricting. He also says it will bring legal challenges wherever congressional lines have been drawn to “diminish your voice and your vote.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks