VIDEO: Obama appears in new ad from Dem redistricting group
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Obama says that “rethinking the way we draw our congressional districts” is vital to American democracy in a new video released by the National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC) on Wednesday.
In the video from the group, which is led by Eric Holder, Obama’s former attorney general, the former president calls the surge in first-time candidates and the move to register more voters in 2018 “inspiring.” But he says that modern technology has allowed a “party in power to precision-draw a map in a way that packs the other parties supporters into as few congressional districts as possible.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s why your district might be shaped like a corkscrew,” Obama says. “But it’s also how a party gains more seats, while winning fewer votes. Which isn’t fair.”
He then goes on to assert that these antics have moved our political debates from the rational middle to the extreme, saying that’s why he supported Holder in creating the NDRC.
“It’s the first ever comprehensive strategy to make redistricting fairer,” Obama says, adding that the organization will fight for reforms to make maps less partisan and to elect candidates that support fair redistricting. He also says it will bring legal challenges wherever congressional lines have been drawn to “diminish your voice and your vote.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation