VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez adviser admits he falsely claimed Green New Deal didn’t promise security for those ‘unwilling’ to work’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A top adviser to New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has admitted that an official “Green New Deal” document posted by Ocasio-Cortez’s office contained a guarantee of economic security even for those “unwilling to work” — but not before he went viral in progressive circles for claiming the exact opposite, repeatedly, in an interview with Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”
Cornell University Law School Professor Robert Hockett, who counsels Ocasio-Cortez on environmental initiatives, challenged host Tucker Carlson when he quoted from an outline and list of “frequently asked questions” (FAQ) that had been posted on Ocasio-Cortez’s official website. The FAQ was also shared with NPR.
The article goes on to state the following:
The FAQ stated that the program will provide “Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work,” and also noted, “We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.”
he FAQ, which Ocasio-Cortez’s office removed from her website amid online backlash (although it is still available on NPR’s website) additionally stated, “This is a massive transformation of our society with clear goals and a timeline” at a “scale not seen since World War 2.” In another section, the FAQ stated that it had set a goal of net-zero, rather than zero, national emissions in 10 years “because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.”
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- VIDEO: Trump called supporter to apologize for mocking his weight, supporter responds
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- VIDEO: Disgraced former Trump staffers Scaramucci and Omarosa discuss the president’s ‘mental decline’
- OpEd: Washington owes Justice Neil Gorsuch an apology
- VIDEO: Maher slams far-left Dems for backing anti-Israel BDS movement
- REPORT: Multiple Texas cities hit with coordinated ransomware attacks