VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez launches bizarre accusation at stunned Wells Fargo CEO
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan fired back at New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at a contentious hearing in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, after the freshman legislator accused the bank of “financing the caging of children” and suggested it should bear financial liability for everything from oil spills to climate change.
Ocasio-Cortez’s inquiries come as activists increasingly seek to “deplatform” political opponents by cutting off their funding from banks and other financial services providers — a concerted effort that conservatives and libertarians have said threatens free speech.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Financial Services Committee Chairman Maxine Waters, D-Calif., brought Sloan before the panel Tuesday as part of a broad, four-hour inquiry into widely reported fraudulent misconduct in recent years by Wells Fargo employees. But in questioning Sloan, who faced bipartisan criticism during the hearing, Ocasio-Cortez, a self-described Democratic socialist, quickly went much further.
“Why was the bank involved in the caging of children and financing the caging of children to begin with?” Ocasio-Cortez asked at one point, in an apparent reference to the Trump administration’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, which resulted in increased separations of parents suspected of criminal activity from the minors who accompanied them.
Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) asks Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan: “Why was the bank involved in the caging of children and financing the caging of children to begin with?”
Sloan: “I don’t know how to answer that question because we weren’t.” pic.twitter.com/0ecaOAvvu8
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 12, 2019
Below is a video of the complete exchange.
AOC: “Why was the bank involved in the caging of children and financing the caging of children to begin with?”
SLOAN: “I don’t know how to answer that question because we weren’t.” pic.twitter.com/VJJOcFSn7v
— CSPAN (@cspan) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News invites you to help us fight back against the socialism agenda being pushed by radical Democrats. PLEASE CLICK HERE to learn how you can send a powerful message that SOCIALISM is NOT ACCEPTABLE in America, with a beautiful, patriotic, just-released BUMPER STICKER! Hurry! Supplies are limited!
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)