AUDIO: Ocasio-Cortez says committee assignments she requested are party plot against her
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez questioned Wednesday if the leaders of her party assigned her to the committees she requested to keep her from focusing on other issues.
“I was assigned to some of the busiest committees and four subcommittees. So my hands are full,” Ocasio-Cortez said during an interview with The New Yorker Radio Hour. “Sometimes I wonder if [Democratic leadership is] trying to keep me busy.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ocasio-Cortez was placed on both the Financial Services and Oversight and Reform committees after she lobbied leadership for a seat on both. House rules limit members from serving on two top-tier committees, such as those to which she was assigned, unless they receive a special waiver.
“I kind of just put it out there and tried to see if leadership was receptive,” she told reporters in January, referring to her prominent committee requests.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)