VIDEO: Officials ‘horrified’ as DPS trooper faces 61 counts of sex abuse, kidnapping and fraud
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KGUN9.COM:
PHOENIX — A DPS trooper has been arrested and faces 61 counts of sex abuse, kidnapping and fraud.
According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, 43-year-old Tremaine Jackson was put on leave in June after a complaint that he sexually assaulted a woman during a traffic stop.
The article goes on to state the following:
During a DPS investigation, several other victims were discovered.
Jackson was arrested. He faces 61 charges related to sex abuse, attempted sex abuse, kidnapping, fraud and tampering with public records.
According to officials, the officer was placed on leave on June 11.
Jackson had at least 8 victims and conducted the crimes while operating in an official capacity, while in uniform.
He was “using his positional authority to extort sexual favors…from the women of these traffic stops,” Col. Frank Milstead, Director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety, said.
Milstead said the department is “horrified” by Jackson’s crimes.
“To think that under the color of authority, the trust that the public places on the shoulders of law enforcement is betrayed by a single trooper that tarnishes the reputation of an agency or a profession, that victimizes women on a traffic stop, is horrifying,” he added.
Police are searching for additional victims.
Get more details in the press conference below:
The agency says Trooper Tremaine Jackson did traffic patrols in central Phoenix https://t.co/op5YZoWb26
— Las Vegas RJ (@reviewjournal) September 11, 2019
JUST IN: Arizona DPS Trooper arrested on 61 sex-related and kidnapping charges
— azfamily 3TV CBS 5 (@azfamily) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit KGUN9.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested