VIDEO: Otto Warmbier’s parents release statement on NK summit, following Trump’s remarks about Otto
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The parents of Otto Warmbier, a young American student who died after being held captive in North Korea for more than a year, are hopeful President Trump’s meeting with Kim Jong Un will be a success after Trump credited their son with being the impetus behind the summit in Singapore.
“We appreciate President Trump’s recent comments about our family. We are proud of Otto and miss him. Hopefully something positive can come from this,” Fred and Cindy Warmbier said in statement on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
During a solo press conference on Tuesday held shortly after the heads of state met in person for the first time, Trump said the gathering at the Capella Hotel on Sentosa Island “would not have happened”without Otto Warmbier’s tragic death.
“Something happened from that day — it was a terrible thing, it was brutal,” Trump told reporters. “But a lot of people started to focus on what was going on, including North Korea.
“I really think that Otto is someone who did not die in vain. I told this to his parents,” Trump continued. “Otto did not die in vain. He had a lot to do with us being here today.”
Statement from Fred and Cindy Warmbier, the parents of Otto Warmbier: “We appreciate President Trump’s recent comments about our family. We are proud of Otto and miss him. Hopefully something positive can come from this.”
— Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) June 12, 2018
Trump: “I think without Otto [Warmbier] this would not have happened. Something happened from that day — it was a terrible thing. It was brutal … I really think that Otto is someone who did not die in vain.” pic.twitter.com/cBnGWD7PHj
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omarosa’s neighbors file suit against her husband over unkempt home
- POLL: Should Christopher Watts receive the death penalty?
- UPDATE: Stunning details emerge on man detained by ICE while driving his pregnant wife to hospital
- VIDEO: How a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug
- OpEd: Newt Gingrich: Mueller’s fatal mistake
- REPORT: U.S. company reports one year later after implanting microchips in employees’ hands
- VIDEO: Neighbor shoots TX man stabbing his toddler to death while yelling religious rants
- REPORT: WH aide departs after questions arise about speech at controversial venue
- REPORT: Murdered Colorado mom ‘beat all odds’ to get pregnant, brother says in emotional post
- VIDEO: Democrat Cracks Joke About President Trump Drowning