VIDEO: Otto Warmbier’s parents release statement on NK summit, following Trump’s remarks about Otto
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The parents of Otto Warmbier, a young American student who died after being held captive in North Korea for more than a year, are hopeful President Trump’s meeting with Kim Jong Un will be a success after Trump credited their son with being the impetus behind the summit in Singapore.
“We appreciate President Trump’s recent comments about our family. We are proud of Otto and miss him. Hopefully something positive can come from this,” Fred and Cindy Warmbier said in statement on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
During a solo press conference on Tuesday held shortly after the heads of state met in person for the first time, Trump said the gathering at the Capella Hotel on Sentosa Island “would not have happened”without Otto Warmbier’s tragic death.
“Something happened from that day — it was a terrible thing, it was brutal,” Trump told reporters. “But a lot of people started to focus on what was going on, including North Korea.
“I really think that Otto is someone who did not die in vain. I told this to his parents,” Trump continued. “Otto did not die in vain. He had a lot to do with us being here today.”
Statement from Fred and Cindy Warmbier, the parents of Otto Warmbier: “We appreciate President Trump’s recent comments about our family. We are proud of Otto and miss him. Hopefully something positive can come from this.”
— Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) June 12, 2018
Trump: “I think without Otto [Warmbier] this would not have happened. Something happened from that day — it was a terrible thing. It was brutal … I really think that Otto is someone who did not die in vain.” pic.twitter.com/cBnGWD7PHj
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended