VIDEO: Pardoned ranchers arrive home to patriotic greeting (PICTURES)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Father and son ranchers, who were the focus of a battle about public lands and were freed from prison after receiving a presidential pardon, were welcomed home Wednesday in Oregon by relatives and horseback riders carrying American flags.
A lawyer for the family of Steven and Dwight Hammond said they remain focused on their attempt to restore grazing rights on Bureau of Land Management acreage.
The article goes on to state the following:
Attorney Morgan Philpot also told The Associated Press the men feel persecuted by federal officials after they were convicted of setting fires on public land and sentenced to five-year prison terms under an anti-terrorism statute.
“We’re exploring potential civil suits on behalf of the family to make sure they have their rights over land restored to them, that they’re protected from more harassment and overzealousness of government agencies,” attorney Morgan Philpot told The Associated Press.
The family also wants a dialogue between ranchers, politicians, federal agencies and bureaucrats, he said.
The local BLM office did not immediately return a phone call or email seeking comment.
BREAKING: Dwight & Steven Hammond, the Oregon cattle ranchers convicted of arson just landed in Burns. Their lawyer says their friend, Forrest Lucas, lent them his private plane to come back home.
Forrest is the founder of Lucas Oil.
He has ties to Mike Pence. pic.twitter.com/WDBNvyjEyv
— Eileen Park (@EileenParkTV) July 11, 2018
Oregon ranchers pardoned by President Trump were greeted at home by relatives and horseback riders carrying American flags. They say they plan to do a lot of ‘decompressing and get back to our families’ after spending time in prison. https://t.co/Fq9j239WNt
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) July 11, 2018
— FOX 12 Oregon KPTV (@fox12oregon) July 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received after latest attack from President Trump
- POLL: Are Trump’s tweets against Kellyanne Conway’s husband going too far?
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- OpEd: Cuomo unleashes anti-Trump tirade after feds downgrade priority of $30B infrastructure project
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team