VIDEO: Parkland parents vote in first election since becoming US citizens
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The parents of a student killed during February’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Tuesday voted in their first election since becoming U.S. citizens.
Manuel and Patricia Oliver’s son, Joaquin “Guac” Oliver, was one of 17 people killed inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine’s Day.
The article goes on to state the following:
Originally from Venezuela, the Olivers became U.S. citizens just 24 days before their son was killed in the school shooting, CNN reported.
Manuel Oliver said he was “mad” because his son would have been 18 and would have voted for the first time too.
— Maddie Ptacin (@maddieptacin) November 6, 2018
Parkland dad @fred_guttenberg embraces Parkland dad Manuel Oliver @ChangeTheRef. Oliver is riding to the polls on a motorcycle and a caravan of at least a dozen cars are riding with him. These dads have been fighting nonstop since their children were murdered nearly 9 months ago. pic.twitter.com/cK5g4HM0m2
— Lois Beckett (@loisbeckett) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake