VIDEO: Parkland parents vote in first election since becoming US citizens
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The parents of a student killed during February’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Tuesday voted in their first election since becoming U.S. citizens.
Manuel and Patricia Oliver’s son, Joaquin “Guac” Oliver, was one of 17 people killed inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine’s Day.
The article goes on to state the following:
Originally from Venezuela, the Olivers became U.S. citizens just 24 days before their son was killed in the school shooting, CNN reported.
Manuel Oliver said he was “mad” because his son would have been 18 and would have voted for the first time too.
— Maddie Ptacin (@maddieptacin) November 6, 2018
Parkland dad @fred_guttenberg embraces Parkland dad Manuel Oliver @ChangeTheRef. Oliver is riding to the polls on a motorcycle and a caravan of at least a dozen cars are riding with him. These dads have been fighting nonstop since their children were murdered nearly 9 months ago. pic.twitter.com/cK5g4HM0m2
— Lois Beckett (@loisbeckett) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine