VIDEO: Pelosi declares House will hold criminal contempt votes against two Trump cabinet members
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the House will vote next week on criminal contempt citations against Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee advanced the contempt citations last month after Barr and Ross failed to comply with subpoenas requested by committee Chairman Elijah Cummings of Maryland.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats and the Trump administration are feuding over Trump’s desire to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Next week the full House will vote on a resolution of criminal contempt for Attorney General Barr and Secretary Ross so we can force our subpoenas and get the facts” https://t.co/gUWlalg6zY pic.twitter.com/qChLWprdm2
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) July 11, 2019
Pelosi says they will move criminal contempt on the floor next week for Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross over the census
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) July 11, 2019
The House will vote Tuesday to hold the Admin in contempt of Congress after defying subpoenas for documents explaining the effort to add a citizenship question to the #Census. We will hold this Admin accountable for continued obstruction & oppose efforts to undermine the census.
— Steny Hoyer (@LeaderHoyer) July 11, 2019
Criminal contempt citations are coming for Bill Barr and Wilbur Ross, Democrats announce.
The citations would be referred to the Justice Department where they are likely to be rejected.https://t.co/LClxIceogS
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge