VIDEO: Pelosi declares House will hold criminal contempt votes against two Trump cabinet members
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the House will vote next week on criminal contempt citations against Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee advanced the contempt citations last month after Barr and Ross failed to comply with subpoenas requested by committee Chairman Elijah Cummings of Maryland.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats and the Trump administration are feuding over Trump’s desire to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Next week the full House will vote on a resolution of criminal contempt for Attorney General Barr and Secretary Ross so we can force our subpoenas and get the facts” https://t.co/gUWlalg6zY pic.twitter.com/qChLWprdm2
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) July 11, 2019
Pelosi says they will move criminal contempt on the floor next week for Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross over the census
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) July 11, 2019
The House will vote Tuesday to hold the Admin in contempt of Congress after defying subpoenas for documents explaining the effort to add a citizenship question to the #Census. We will hold this Admin accountable for continued obstruction & oppose efforts to undermine the census.
— Steny Hoyer (@LeaderHoyer) July 11, 2019
Criminal contempt citations are coming for Bill Barr and Wilbur Ross, Democrats announce.
The citations would be referred to the Justice Department where they are likely to be rejected.https://t.co/LClxIceogS
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?