VIDEO: Pelosi responds to O’Rourke entering presidential race
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday welcomed former Rep. Beto O’Rourke to the 2020 presidential race, praising the Texas Democrat for both his energy and his work on the environment and national defense.
“Beto brought a great deal of vitality to the Congress,” Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol. “When he came, he came as a real champion for the environment, he got a great deal of support from the environmental community in his district. He won in a primary on that subject. Also, he was … a strong member of the Armed Services Committee, which is very important for his district.
“So in preserving our planet and protecting our people, there are at least two areas in addition to his vitality.”
Speaker Nancy Pelosi can’t name a single accomplishment Beto O’Rourke had while he was in the House of Representatives pic.twitter.com/TtzLoUpmJq
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 14, 2019
Nancy Pelosi was asked what Beto's "signature accomplishment" was in Congress.
She couldn't name anything specific.
Because he only passed one bill: naming a courthouse.pic.twitter.com/tRe2qaIDpA
— Michael Ahrens (@michael_ahrens) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions