VIDEO: Pelosi unleashes on Pompeo, Trump over dismissal of IGs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday bashed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for his role in the recent dismissal of his agency’s top watchdog, calling the episode “scandalous” and urging Pompeo to provide a justification before Congress.
“Let’s see how this unfolds,” Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. “But what it is that we know so far is scandalous.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi said President Trump’s decision to remove State Department Inspector General Steve Linick within 30 days, a move recommended by Pompeo, is part of broader pattern of recent IG dismissals, which risk allowing top administration officials to flout guidelines — and even break laws — with impunity.
“What this president is doing is by undermining truth … undermining democracy. This is scandalous,” Pelosi declared Wednesday at a press briefing.
WATCH her comments in the video below:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Secretary of State Pompeo declining an interview with the inspector general, who was probing “emergency” Saudi arms sales, is “a reflection of the complete disregard for the truth of the Trump administration.” https://t.co/Vdm7Jrih1P pic.twitter.com/XxU3SFAQ3b
— ABC News (@ABC) May 20, 2020
“It was passed after Watergate to make sure that there was a truth-finder in terms of waste, fraud and abuse, and any other violations of the law in agencies of government. That has been respected until now,” Pelosi said. https://t.co/0ps5vDg9tp
— The Hill (@thehill) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL RESULTS: How you feel about mail-in voting
- VIDEO: War memorial vandalized with red paint: ‘Whoever did this. Please leave. Today.’ (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Hillary STUNS with Memorial Day message ignoring military and supporting Dem governor
- REPORT: California makes announcement on reopening places of worship, in-store retail shopping
- REPORT: McCarthy yanks endorsement of candidate over social media posts
- REPORT: CNN Commentator: Trump ‘Not Healthy’ — ‘He Is Not Well’ at the Worst Possible Time
- REPORT: GOP Senate chairmen ask DOJ for records on former DNC consultant