VIDEO: Pence speaks out on pride flag decision: There’s only room for one flag
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — Vice President Mike Pence voiced support Monday for the Trump administration’s move to prohibit U.S. embassies from flying the rainbow pride flag on their flagpoles during LGBTQ Pride Month, telling NBC News that “it’s the right decision.”
In an interview with White House correspondent Kristen Welker, Pence confirmed an exclusive report from NBC News that said the U.S. Department of State had rejected requests from at least four U.S. embassies to fly the flag during June. Pence said he was aware the State Department had said the American flag was the only flag that should fly on the flagpoles, and he added, “I support that.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“As the president said on the night we were elected, we’re proud to be able to serve every American,” Pence said when pressed about what he would say to the LGBTQ community that feels the decision runs counter to President Donald Trump celebrating Pride Month in a tweet.
“We both feel that way very passionately, but when it comes to the American flagpole, and American embassies, and capitals around the world, having the one American flag fly I think is the right decision,” the vice president added.
Brief note from DML News:
If you feel the same as Pence – there’s only one flag – and you want to show your pride in the U.S. flag, you’ll like this patriotic bumper sticker that sends a powerful message!
Mike Pence confirmed the U.S. had rejected American embassies’ requests to fly the rainbow flag during Pride Month, saying only “one flag should fly.” https://t.co/mk1m6bOCMd
— HuffPost (@HuffPost) June 11, 2019
VP Pence says he supports the pride flag not flying on US embassy flagpoles: “It’s the right decision.” https://t.co/ZbERo3jd7G
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 11, 2019
Pence says move to bar rainbow flags outside U.S. embassies was ‘the right decision’ https://t.co/D7ci7hJqYG
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 11, 2019
Mike Pence chimes in with his opinion on the administration’s rainbow flag ban at U.S. embassies https://t.co/yTzRyIZqHr
— AlterNet (@AlterNet) June 11, 2019
Mike Pence backs ban on Pride flags at U.S. embassies https://t.co/4Bo3kOEoJc
— Washington Blade (@WashBlade) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft ill after trip to Dominican Republic
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Warner Bros. film studio in lockdown after stage hand on Anne Hathaway movie stabbed in neck